Congratulations, you’ve found it! Here is a delicious, quick and easy chocolate cupcake recipe that you can whip up at a moments notice. They are also wonderful to make with kids. These cupcakes are diary and egg free, so perfect for children who suffer from food allergies (or have friends that do) and are moist and delicious.
Our dear Possum (aged 3 years) has a severe egg allergy, you’ve all heard the story in this post before. Unfortunately she hasn’t shown any signs to be growing out of it any time soon, so we continue to find fabulous egg free recipes like this quick and easy chocolate cupcake recipe.
Now before your eyes glaze over because it’s dairy and egg free, I need you to trust me, these are seriously delicious! I’m not kidding. Give them a go and get your children involved in the cooking process. You will be storing this recipe away to make time and time again, especially when catering for kids.
Recommended Age: 3 years +
(Active supervision is required to make these quick and easy chocolate cupcake recipe)
There are many important reasons why we should involve our children in cooking. Aside from it being lots of fun for them, child can learn so much from the experience, such as:
- Develop an understanding of measurements (1/2 cup, 10 minutes, one tsp etc)
- Build language vocabulary (stir, mix, pour etc)
- Importance of following step by step instructions
- Counting and one to one correspondence
Can you resist a chocolate cupcake?
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven 180c (356f)
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl
- Combine wet and dry ingredients with electric mixer
- Add to patty pan cases
- Cook for 25 minutes
- You can use this recipe to make vanilla cupcakes by replacing the cocoa powder with custard powder.