These easter pattern cards for kids develop skill and confidence in completing and creating patterns. They also make a brilliant Easter basket ‘extra’ and a lot healthier than chocolate.
Easter bunnies, chicks and eggs, oh my! There really is so much to love about Easter and the adorable features that pop up at this time of year.
It was really hard to not create this super sweet patterning set for you.
Recommended age: 4 years +
(Active supervision is required on all activities featured)
Using this Easter pattern card set is simple. Each strip of Easter themed pattern has a missing image. Your child is to work out what image is missing and attach it to complete the pattern.
How to teach your child about patterns
There are many different ways we can teach our children about patterns. When it comes to patterns we can –
- see them
- hear them
- and make them with tools
A pattern progression might look like this:
- AAAA (green, green, green, green)
- ABAB (green, red, green, red, green)
- ABC (green, red, blue, green, red, blue)
- AABB (green, green, blue, blue, green, green, blue, blue)
- AAB (green, green blue, green, green, blue)
- ABB (green, blue, blue, green, blue, blue)
Of course, like anything, given the opportunity to learn about patterns will certainly help a child develop confidence and skill.
You might be interested in my Easter pattern cards here.
If you were interested in these Easter pattern cards, you might like to use them as part of your Math program.
This resource will help your children –
- recognise what a pattern looks like
- describe and develop a vocabulary that relates to patterns
- predict what pictures comes next using two items (commonly referred to as AB)
- extend understanding of more complex patterns, such as ABC; AABB; ABC; ABA,
- develop skills to create their own patterns
- understand a pattern is never ending
Inside this pack you’ll find –
- 49 x pattern cards ( 29 x color, 20 x black/white)
- 60 x color picture tokens to add to the end of each pattern
- 50 x black and white picture tokens to add to the end of each pattern
- BONUS : ‘Create your own patterns’ worksheet x 2
- BONUS: Cut and paste counting activity