ANZAC Day is always a day of great respect and reflection for those from Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately there seems to be quite a lack of quality resources available to parents and teachers, so I decided to put together an ANZAC Day activities and craft pack.
This ANZAC Day Activity, poster and craft pack has everything you need to engage and educate your child at home or grade 1 – 4 students about ANZAC Day. It’s available for purchase on my TpT store and is great value.
Full of fun activities, thought provoking worksheets, posters and simple crafts, your children will develop a sense of understanding and compassion for those who fought at Gallipoli in 1915.
Using this resource will see your children –
- learn key words, verses and phrases that relate to the ANZACs
- have a better understanding the hardship of those who were involved
- develop a sense of compassion for those involved and who have fallen
- recognise that both men and women were involved
- make comparisons between life now and then
- think deeply about the impact a soldiers involvement had on families
- and more!
Of course I love to give lots of value, so inside this pack you can expect –
- 3 x word finds
- 3 x hands on ANZAC activities
- 3 x letter writing pages
- 3 x acrostic poem worksheets
- 2 x ANZAC posters to display
- 1 x matching the facts worksheet
- 1 x design activity page
- 1 x alphabet literacy ordering page worksheet
- 1 x comprehension and understanding worksheet
- 2 x cut and paste sentences
- 3 x colouring in pages
- 1 x word scramble
- 1 x compare and contrast worksheet
- 1 x interview a veteran worksheet
- 1 x using your senses worksheet
- and more!
So if you’re from Australia or New Zealand and looking for good quality ANZAC Day resources, be sure to check out this pack.
How do you celebrate ANZAC Day with the child in your life?