Remembrance Day or ANZAC Day is a memorial day It’s a day that recognises all the members of the armed force who died in a line of duty since World War 1. The blood red poppies are a significant symbol of this day as they were the first flower to grow from the battle fields and graves of soldiers.
The concept of war can be incredibly heavy for kids and difficult for them to comprehend, adults included, but the poppy can be a great place to start. Here I share 11 simple poppy crafts for kids to make.
11 Simple Poppy Crafts for Kids to make
In this post I have gathered together some very simple poppy crafts that children as young as toddler age could do. I hope you’re able to include these ideas in your home or classroom. Of course you can find many more over on my Pinterest account.
Recommended age : 2.5 years +
(Active supervision is always advised on all my posts)
1. Paper plate poppy – Laughing Kids Learn
2. Poppy Handprint – House of Baby Piranha
3. Bingo Dabber Poppy – Moms Town
4. Coffee Filter Poppies – Art Bar
7. Poppy Handprint – dltk-teach
8. Poppy Prints – Sun Hats & Wellie Boots
9. Poppy Hand Print – Moms Town
10. Playdough and poppies – Moms Town
11. Construction Paper Poppy – My Crazy Simple Life
Which is your favourite poppy craft?