Weetbix slice kids can make
I love getting into the kitchen and cooking with Possum (2.5 years) whenever I can. I admit I’m not a fancy cook, but fortunately kids are far from fussy when it comes to pouring in the flour or mixing everything into a bowl. Cooking is also a great indoor activity.
Here is a delicious sweet slice that uses a simple and common breakfast cereal, which is also very high in fibre. This Weet-Bix slice can be enjoyed by the whole family and become your new favourite recipe to use with your kids.
Recommended age: 2 years +
(Active adult supervision is required on all my activities)
- 3 WeetBix crushed
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate buds (for icing)
- Grease and line a tray with baking paper
- Combine all dry ingredients with butter or margarine
- Press mixture into a tray with a spoon and bake at 180C (356F) for 25 minutes
- When slice is cool smooth over melted chocolate
Cooking with children is simply lots of fun and I hope you’re able to give this simple recipe a try. Don’t forget to consider making some of the other kid-friendly recipes also found on my blog. 🙂
Do you enjoy cooking with your children?
Some other recipes you’ll enjoy –