A few days later I thought about using the old DVD covers for simple activities that could be used to teach children at home or in the classroom! The display pockets were too irresistible and would be perfect for children to demonstrate their learning.
Here is an example of how you can teach children to match number names to how they can represented, I’ve used buttons. If in a classroom, I’d ask the children to slot the paper into the plastic sleeves to demonstrate their understanding.
- It is supportive for the learner (matching problem and solution)
- It can be made to suit all ages and levels of mathematical understanding
- It can be varied in what it teaches children
- Provides children an opportunity to reflect on their answers and change them
- It uses recycled materials