Halloween is a fun time of year and always inspires learning opportunities. This Halloween counting activity using numbers 1 to 12 is great for helping your children consolidate basic numbers to ten and slightly beyond.
Halloween counting activity using numbers 1 to 12
I recently asked in my private Facebook group, Activities for Kids, if they felt it was too early for me to share Halloween ideas and activities. 75% said a convincing ‘No, please share, share, share!’.
How could I argue with that! *smile*
You too can get this resource for yourself at either locations –
This helpful resource is simple to set up, easy to use and will support those children learning to match numbers to the amount.
Boo (aged 4 years) loved counting the cute and friendly looking spiders and matching the amount with the correct number.
This resource will help your child –
- match number digits to the amount of spiders on display
- build an understanding of numbers to 12
- learn to distinguish between numbers eg. 6 and 9
- work with purpose to complete an activity
- develop vocabulary that relate to numbers and counting
- become more aware of how numbers come together in a variety of ways
Hopefully you and your child enjoy this resource and your Halloween. Feel free to reply below and let me know of any other resources you’d like to see.
What activities do you enjoy to do with your children over Halloween?