Christmas is very exciting and of course it’s a time that chocolates and candy lollies are overflowing. For a bit of fun I made candy cane Christmas bark. It’s really yummy and make a gorgeous gift idea for friends and family. Even better, kids can help make it!
Christmas bark is wonderful because it’s so simple and you can make it however you please. There really are no wrong ways to make it. Simply throw whatever you have in together, allow it to set hard, break it up and you’re done. You have something that will tempt you every time you open the fridge door.
Possum (almost 4 years) and I had a great time making it and I’m sure you will too.
Recommended age: 2 years+
(Active supervision is required)
- 340g red melts
- 340g white chocolate melts
- Candy cane
- Carefully melt chocolate red melts and pour into a slice tin with baking paper
- After 2 minutes pour over melted white chocolate
- Carefully swirl the chocolate with the back of a spoon
- Crush and scatter broken candy cane pieces onto chocolate
- Add smarties
- Allow to set hard in the fridge
- Snap or chop candy cane chocolate bark with a knife
- Add as much candy cane and smarties as you desire
What deliciousness would you add to your chocolate Christmas bark?
Great value ebooks featuring Laughing Kids Learn
Follow Kate @ LaughingKidsLearn’s board Laughing Kids Learn on Pinterest.
[…] Candy Cane Christmas Bark from Laughing Kids Learn. […]